What's new

DO all consumer DVD authoring software... (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
All the ones I've seen seem to ignore MPEG audio streams embedded into the mpg 2 file (48k Stereo MPEG format), and want to associate a second audio file with the video clip.

Are they all this way? I'm preparing some files for burning (will pick up a burner next month)-- Should I take the clips I have with embedded audio and render out a PCM version of the audio to associate with the file?

-Vince

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Vince, most authoring software I've encountered require you to import audio streams and video seperately

TMPEG will give you seperate streams

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I think that all flavors of DVDit will accept a MPEG file that has Layer II audio multiplexed in it. It will automatically decode it to PCM and the resulting DVD will have PCM. DVDit PE can encode the PCM to stereo AC3 instead, which allows you extra picture quality and/or playing time. If you're using DVDit then you won't need to render out the audio yourself.

I use TMPGenc to encode, and previously it was not capable of generating PCM WAV files. I had to export the PCM audio separately from my video editing software and then use TMPGenc to encode only the video elementary stream. But one of the improvements to TMPGenc in the past few months has been an option for PCM WAV as the audio elementary stream, so now I can save a step.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Been Using TMPGenc for a while, and just got the lastest version. On thing I wondered was joining file pieces.

Using the DVD wizard it doesn't allow joining of file parts. I'm sure it allows joining (since old versions did)- am I to assume it is only possible after you finish converting the files?

There is no way to join the files while using the same wizard, and do the Mpeg2 and frame conversion and file join in one step??

-Vince

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
TMPGenc has the MPEG Tools function which can join MPEG files, so yeah you have to encode the video first.

Usually any video that I want to have joined, I do that in my NLE before encoding.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Indeed- but my NLE can do DVD format, but does embeddeded audio... so it brigs me back to point one. Either I find an authoring software that takes embedded streams or I have to use TMPGenc to connect files. I was just tying to figure the best way to do things with one program.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks