What's new

Dnon AVR-3312CI vs. Pioneer VSX-50 (1 Viewer)

kerby

Auditioning
Real Name
Kerby
I recently bought a Pioneer VSX-50 online because I had been told it worked well with a Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 5.1 Speaker System.
However, the company I bought it from accidentally shipped me a Denon AVR-3312CI instead.
I looked both units up online and the Denon unit looks like it is more expensive, but I know more expensive doesn't always mean better.
I really want to start setting up my home theater because I would really like to have it up and running by next weekend because I'm having visitors.
Since I'm really really new to the audio market, I'm just not sure when I read about the subtle differences. Did I get a good deal? Should I send back the Denon to get the Pioneer? I'd hate to spend $500 and then the Denon A/V receiver ends up not syncing well with the Definitive speakers.
Any help would be appreciated.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I don't think the speakers really care which receiver you use. Any receiver would work well with the Pro Cinema 600. If anythin, the 3312 is too good for the 600's.
The 3312 is a much better receiver all around as it should be since it retailed for $500 more.
I'm not sure about the moral or legal issue here but I'm surprised they haven't asked for the 3312 to be returned (at their expense).

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I would be proactive and contact the company and tell them of their error, and ask them what they want to do. Make sure you have kept the original packaging in case they want you to ship it back at their expense.
Many times they will give you a good deal on the receiver they accadently sent you instead of having to ship it back and ship out the one that your ordered, but that is up to them. You should get what you have paid for and not take advantage of someones mixup. They guy that actually ordered that reciever probally got yours, and was not too hapy with the downgrade...

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
You should get what you have paid for and not take advantage of someones mixup.
On the other hand, his receiver has been delayed and he'll have to spend his time repacking and sending the wrong one back. They should give him a discount on whichever one he winds up with.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I doubt they gave him the 3312 as a replacement. A 1912/2112 maybe. And then after asking him first. If a 3312 just showed up un-announced then more than likely it was a boo-boo. I bet someone is going to hear about it. Either Kerby or the poor smuck in shipping/receiving. Not to mention the other poor smuck who thought he bought a Denon :confused: .

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
The Denon is a better amp. Contact the company, tell them about the mixup, and see what they want to do. I had something similar happen to me. My wife ordered a shredder for my office, and instead of the small one she ordrered, they sent a hugh one. We offered to box it back up and ship to them, but they didn;t want to pay for the shipping They told us to keep it, at no additional charge. Sometimes it pays to be honest.
Sometimes, it's also not a bad idea to derive what benefit you can from places that are disorganized and confused. I'm also looking at a new amp. Who did you order your amp from ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks