What's new

Dnon 3803 (1 Viewer)

ronnie.c

Auditioning
With the great deal on this receiver, does it bother any one it does not have DP IIx and can not be upgraded ?

JackS

Supporting Actor
I don't have DPL ll and don't feel too left out using original DPL. Probably nice to have but this is the digital age in which 5/6.1 etc dominate. VHS fans and standard TV watchers will probably make good use of DPL(3?)

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
He is talking about DPL IIx not DPL II.

None the less I still did not think DPL II was such a huge upgrade over DPL....I am a DTS Neo man myself. :)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
James,

Thanks for pointing that out...oversight on my part. :b

I'm just tickled pink to have DPL II...I have very few VHS movies...and even fewer that I'd want to watch in 5.1.

I'll play around with the DPL II, but that's about it.

ronnie.c

Auditioning
Thanks James, you saved me a lot of typing.

DP II X, I have read, is very similar to Neo 6 in sounding, so that is why I asked in the first place. I know its not the same, but reportedly close anyway. I just hate to buy a receiver now, only to regret not having the DPIIX. I wish these guys would make upgrading possible. At least it would be there if one wanted to upgrade. All well. I'm not convinced yet that not having DPIIx is a deal breaker. Doesnt sound like many others are worried about it either.

Fingers are still twitching !!

John S

Senior HTF Member
Just also beware that as far as video content goes, the Denon Widescreen effectively gives you 7.1 from such sources.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Denon Widescreen? What is this of which you speak? I don't see any such option listed for the 3803. :confused:

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Denon widescreen is one of Denon's DSP, similar to H/K's Logic 7.

PLIIx has just been unveiled, and it will take time before it starts making it into receivers. I wouldn't worry about it now, there are lots of other options on the 3803. There will always be new sound formats, so you could wait forever. And being the PLIIx is an analog based format, I don't think it is very important. Now if HD-DVD decides to use a different format, then I might wait. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks