DMR-E85H Some Programs Not Recording

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Tony_Yayo, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Tony_Yayo

Tony_Yayo Auditioning

I just got it a couple days ago, and after what seemed forever i finally got the EPG to load up only about 3 days worth of programming so far. I quickly set all my favorite sitcoms to record using the program guide and setting the frequency as regularly on each program, but so far not all the programs i set record. I notice that the ones that do not are the ones back to back episodes say like Married With Children at 6 and 6:30pm the 6pm show wont record but the 6:30 will and i have both of the set to record, so far it's like this with all the other programs i have set with similar times ie 6pm and 6:30pm with one or the other not recording. I have read the manual and saw something about overlapping times and program's not all recording when this happens only the last one that is set will record, but i don't think this is the problem since im using the guide to set the times and schedule and it should adjust everything accordingly, right? BTW the recordings are set to the HDD and has plenty of space in SP mode.

2. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

Is there some setting (maybe I read this on a Tivo?) where you can tell it to start recording a minute or 2 before the timer entry setting? (in case your recorder's clock isn't in sync with the broadcasting channel). this might cause the overlap.

Did you try a manual recording? maybe it's confused because the same show title is on 2 times in a row? Does it work for consecutive shows on the same channel (but different show titles?)

I would call Panasonic if it's only for the case you mention.

3. Tony_Yayo

Tony_Yayo Auditioning

Well i started from scratch with my programming and it seems to have worked so far so good everything is recording.