What's new

DMR-E50 problem (1 Viewer)

Alan Mayhew

Auditioning
I just purchased a dmr-e50 dve recorder along with some memorex dvd-r disc. My problem is that about half of the disc don't seem to work or maybe it is the recorder. This is what happens. about one minute into recording a small white box appears in the front of the dvd sayving "dvd". the light goes out and the front of the recorder says "bye" then the word recover comes on. after this the front of the screen looks normal but the machine locks up. I can not turn it off or open the disc tray without unplugging it. Can someone help with the problem or solution?
thanks
alan

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I have an E80. What you're describing is typical of what happens with a Panasonic DVD recorder when it gets a defective or incompatble disc. If you do a search for the word "recover" in this forum, you'll find a previous thread.

I have never heard anything good about Memorex's blank DVD-Rs. I'd suggest trying a different brand. A search for threads about Panasonic players should bring up some suggestions.

M.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Although I also have had poor luck with Memorex DVD-R's on my E80, it certainly wasn't to the extent you're having. I'd try another brand of DVD-R's, and if the problem doesn't go away, return the player to be fixed or, as it's so new, replaced.

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Yes, do try another brand but, I have used 20 or more Memorex and have only had one fail. I have since switched to TDK and Maxell with zero failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks