DMR-85 trouble

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Elliott Willschick, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

I have a Panasonic DMR-85 DVD recorder. When I first got it, there was no problem downloading the program guide. However, I had a power outage one day and since then it will not download the guide. I have tried re-intializing it, unplugging the cable box and checking all of the connections to no avail.

I have resorted to doing my recording programming manually. This is where matters get a bit worse as the manual recording on a daily show works only sometimes. It can record a Monday and Tuesday but not Wednesday and then be fine for Thursday and Friday. I was wondering if there is a fix for this or if I should just get service?

Thanks

2. WilliamS.

WilliamS. Stunt Coordinator

Is this the Panasonic DMR-E85H?

This is the model I bought about 3 weeks ago. So far, I love it. (Knock on wood.)

I haven't had a power outage yet, but I'd like to know the same thing. This might be obvious, but did you retry putting in all the original settings for the TV Guide? You know, when you first buy it, you have to enter the settings -- like your zipcode, which cable company is your provider, etc.

That might need to be reset in order for it to be redownloaded.

Also, when I was doing research as to which dvd recorder to buy, I read a lot of the reviews on Amazon (and CNet, not sure if I hit up epinions.com). One of the posts on those sites might have the answer to your question.

Let me know. In the meantime, good luck.

3. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    I don't own this unit but this may be the Amazon review comment that may be relevant:

4. Elliott Willschick

I have tried both of the things you guys sugested. I will try them again though. It's been a few weeks since I tried them. I'll update when I do. Thanks

5. Elliott Willschick

I tried both fixes and none worked. I haven't tried to see if it records regularly but the program guide is still not working. I will post if I find a fix.

Thanks

6. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
  7. Elliott Willschick

I believe so. I always do that when I am not using it. I am really out of things to try now but thanks.