DLS 300-632 10" sub

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by GregAV, Sep 2, 2003.

1. GregAV

GregAV Agent

Anyone have any review info on the apparent replacement to the "tiny mighty" ? Specs seem good as it's gained 5 lbs and reaches 5 Hz deeper than the original, but I was wondering if the change to a front ported, downward firing design would still provide the tight musical bass that the 300-630 had.

Months ago I had spoken to a parts express sales rep about a purchase via money order, but they dont provide sales #'s under those conditions, and the next day the dls was dropped from stock - Argh... Tried again to buy one after I figured they had replaced most of the bad amps - and they blew off my email- no reply.

It's rather sad that new sub just snuck in without any fanfare considering all the excitement the original created. They dont even have it listed on their main page, or up for sale on ebay yet( maybe they just dont like selling cheap subs?). Seems as though dropping a review sample on Brian Bunge would be good for business if the thing is actually an "upgraded" version of the "tiny mighty".

Been... waiting... sooo... long...*gasp-etc.* - but I dont want to buy the #632 just to find I'll need to build something with a DPL12 just to get a decent lil musical sub to compliment my S38's.

Greg

2. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Greg,

I don't see where moving to downfiring will affect the sound of the sub at all. The only issue would be potential port noise, which will be more noticable with a front mounted port. But the flare should help that a lot.