What's new

DLS-10 question (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The DLS comes with the rubber plug feet attached. I took a phillip's and took mine off. Very easy to slide across carpet with-out feet if one likes to move it on occasion.

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Is the Sony wm40 able to put out more clean volume (db's) than the DLS?? I know Steve ran the comparisons and preferred the DLS in terms of sound quality but I can't remember if he mentioned which sub can produce the most clean bass.

I'm considering the DLS and the Audiosource sw-15 for my "until I get an svs" sub.

-Brian

Jose G

Supporting Actor
BrianJ,
I believe the numbers gave a slight edge to the DLS compared to a non-moded Sony. Now if the Sony was moded, I would think the DSL would have a greater edge to the Sony due to the Sony loosing some SPL after mods. The Sony needs the mods- as most have stated that without them it's just too boomy. The DLS comes with the mods done. The SW 15 will also need mods- it's a very big sub by the way. I believe the general consensus here is that the SW 15 with mods is a beast. Now what that means in terms of quality I'm not sure because I don't have one, but it seems the bargain sub to beat. I did get to hear a Sony finally- not moded- and found it to be too boomy, but it wasn't in my home and I could not pass a true and fair judgement. One more thing, I've read the Sony can distort at high volume but you probably wouldn't need to play it so loud- I don't think.

Brian,
I sent you a PM regarding your beautiful sub. WOW!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Brian B and Jose you guys are great. You know if we see any thread with DLS in it we will be there to most likely.__

Brian J yes the "Mighty Little DLS" will out perform the Sony in clean SPL. It will be at the same SPL level or 1-2 db's ahead. Very close though basically. I think the DLS can take more abuse imo without bottoming out. It can be pushed quit hard for a budget sub. I can get it to 106db on the first flyby in STAR WARS II. I have found I like it out from the wall about one' on the side and two' on the back under the corner table firing right into the couch at a +6db calibration for HT. If I put it closer to the wall I could get more gain but at the expense of a slight boomyness now and then with a +6db calibration. With correction it would come out to a 8-9+db calibration. I watched the Rookie with it yesterday and was amazed again how well this sub performs for music and HT._____________________

Lets see If I can find those casters now Because the PB2-PLUS is being thermal tested in Canada as we speak and I have 166lbs to stack on it. Wont be as nice to look at as your DIY work of art Brian B, but I'll be a pack-in ;) . You know I will have all that sub and I will still run the DLS 1/3 to 1/2 the time I bet.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Casters? Just put it on a lift and make it rise out of the floor. Then a spotlight can hit while a disco ball rotates in the background.

Steve,
You have sold me. I give, I give. I put in my order (AGAIN) for the DlS. (options right :D )

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Jeff what a great idea. We have a 6' high crawl space under the house. I can stand and walk under most of the house. It could be like the ending scene on GLADIATOR. You know I will give this a little thought??____________
Hook line and sinker. You will be glad you did Jeff. Yes a HT enthusiast can never have to many bass options;) ;) Its all good.

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the responses guys. I can now eliminate the sony from my list. Now it's either the DLS or the audiosource... I know the size difference between the two is huge, but I'm only concerned with price. Don't think there are any comparisons between the two...probably because they're such different subs, but I would have expected some since they are around the same pricepoint. Problem with the audiosource is that the only place to buy one is ubid and it's only worth it if their 1 cent shipping comes back, no idea when that will be though.

What do you all think? Just go with the DLS right now or is the wait for the audiosource (modded) worth it?

Oh and my room measures 22'x16'x9' with an opening about half the size of one of the long walls leading into the kitchen.

Thanks,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks