DLS 10 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Williams, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

I am unclear on this, is the DLS 10 (the one that sells for $99.80 from Parts Express) assembled or is it a kit? It looks like a good low cost upgrade to my Sony SA-WM20 and I just want to know if I can pull it out of the box and hook it up or will I have to spend a few hours putting it together first.

2. Frank Morris

Frank Morris Extra

Right out of the box! Don't for get the on-off switch. I thought mine did'nt work. Forgot to turn it on. DUH! Enjoy.

3. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

completey finished, and powered.....

4. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

Thanks guys. I can always count on a speedy reply from this forum.

It's good to know that I don't have to delay my enjoyment because I have to put it together. Now all I have to do is sell my Sony WM20 and my Cambridge Ensemble IV so I can buy the DLS.

Thanks again.

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

The DLS 10" will not only take out the Sony 20 but it will take out the wm-40 to and will "look better imo" doing it. This is not here say on my part. I know it to be so. Yes it is good to go out of the double box.

6. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

Thanks guys. I can always count on a speedy reply from this forum.

It's good to know that I don't have to delay my enjoyment because I have to put it together. Now all I have to do is sell my Sony WM20 and my Cambridge Ensemble IV so I can buy the DLS.

Thanks again.

7. Jeff-Watson

Jeff-Watson Stunt Coordinator

Having heard both I wouldn't say it would "take out the Sony wm40" but it will be a definite improvement over the 20. Enjoy it if you order it. Its a good budget sub.

8. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Well Jeff I put the meter and ear to both of them in the same location with the same +2db calibration, same HT room and what I came up with was the DLS was the better performer. It was close though. I know this is not proof but in my mind it certainly is. [​IMG]