What's new

DLS 10 question (1 Viewer)

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I am unclear on this, is the DLS 10 (the one that sells for $99.80 from Parts Express) assembled or is it a kit? It looks like a good low cost upgrade to my Sony SA-WM20 and I just want to know if I can pull it out of the box and hook it up or will I have to spend a few hours putting it together first.

Right out of the box! Don't for get the on-off switch. I thought mine did'nt work. Forgot to turn it on. DUH! Enjoy.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
Thanks guys. I can always count on a speedy reply from this forum.

It's good to know that I don't have to delay my enjoyment because I have to put it together. Now all I have to do is sell my Sony WM20 and my Cambridge Ensemble IV so I can buy the DLS.

Thanks again.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The DLS 10" will not only take out the Sony 20 but it will take out the wm-40 to and will "look better imo" doing it. This is not here say on my part. I know it to be so. Yes it is good to go out of the double box.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
Thanks guys. I can always count on a speedy reply from this forum.

It's good to know that I don't have to delay my enjoyment because I have to put it together. Now all I have to do is sell my Sony WM20 and my Cambridge Ensemble IV so I can buy the DLS.

Thanks again.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Having heard both I wouldn't say it would "take out the Sony wm40" but it will be a definite improvement over the 20. Enjoy it if you order it. Its a good budget sub.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well Jeff I put the meter and ear to both of them in the same location with the same +2db calibration, same HT room and what I came up with was the DLS was the better performer. It was close though. I know this is not proof but in my mind it certainly is. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks