Dlp Vs Lcd Help Please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bob_Campbell, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Bob_Campbell

Bob_Campbell Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

First thanks to all who reply. I just bought a shore house and I'm interested in buying a new big screen TV. However I'm not sure which to get. I don't want plasma.

I was wondering your inputs the positive and negative to each. I'm looking between 42-55"/ space is not a problem. Also if you could give me some input on which brand you like best of either or DLP or LCD. Also which online retailer you like the best and you input on warranty coverage.

I know this is alot to ask but you all have helped me alot before with speaker choices and all. Once again thank you and I look foward to hearing your advice.

Bob Campbell

Ps. Price range b/t 2K-4K and all ahve to be HDTV thx

2. Daniel.Han

Daniel.Han Stunt Coordinator

I personally have always been impressed by the Samsung DLPs. In fact I just convinced my father-in-law to buy a 52" and he loves it. After watching several movies and a fair amount of TV on it, I must say that I have come away even more impressed with it. The picture is incredibly crisp and very life like (less so with regular TV and only after a bit of fine tuning the picture presets). Aesthetically the TV looks quite nice, and there is something to be said about being able to move a 52" TV by yourself.

That being said I really just have never found an LCD that I have liked, so I'm a little biased on the issue.

Hope this helps.

3. John S

John S Producer

I'm all about newer LCD RP's these days. I still never warmed up to DLP.

4. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

If it were my money I would seriously consider the JVC DILA set. I was always either sold on the newer Sammy DLP's or the newer Sony LCD's but after comparing them (and ALL were calibrated with the same disc) side by side, the DILA was just overall better. DILA is basicaly Lcos. The colors, detail and CR were all excellent on this set. One thing to remember though is to not go by what you see in Best Buy or CC or the other big box places because they just jack up all the settings on them which really makes them look like crap. Oh yeah.....I don't actually own any of them, I am a FP guy but when HD is out for EVERYTHING I am planning on getting the DILA for my everyday set (I say this to show I am not biased). Good luck to you.