DLP vs. CRT vs. LCOS

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Floyd_W, May 20, 2004.

1. Floyd_W

Floyd_W Auditioning

I'm stumped.... I've looked at the DLP, CRT and LCOS TVs for my new media room but each of the new technologies have issues (DLP & LCOS). Can someone recommend a nice 55-60" ?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

2. SteveAnd

SteveAnd Extra

1. Do a search. There have been a ton of threads asking the same thing.

2. Can you provide a bit more info? What will you be using it for-DVD, OTAHD, cable, etc? Would you be happy with 480p, 720p or 1080i(or 1080p down the road)? Where will the set be located in your home(basement, lots of windows, etc)? What kind of a price range are you looking at?

3. Floyd_W

Floyd_W Auditioning

It will be used for DVD and Digital Cable. The room is 17'X15' and there are two small windows which will have dark shades for movies. I'm looking at spending no more than $4500.

Thanks.

4. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I've you've got a dedicated media room, how's the light control? If you have good light control you should consider a projector.

If light control is an issue, you might as well go with a CRT-based unit. I'm not a fan of CRT RPTVs (I hate the washout effect). But if you have a dedicated room you should be able to organize it well enough to not worry about the washing out issues.