1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dlp Tv?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew_F, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Matthew_F

Matthew_F Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I have heard that some DLP TVs will be comming this fall and I'm pretty intrested purchasing one. Unfortunately I don't know what brandname and models which are comming out. If anyone knows please list them for me.

Thanks

2. Syzygy

Syzygy Auditioning

If you want the latest DLP chip from TI (the HD-2), it's a short list: Samsung is the only one shipping (43" and 50").

Optoma's showing one or more prototypes (50" and 65" ?) at Cedia this month, but they have not announced a release date.

3. Matthew_F

Matthew_F Stunt Coordinator

Hi Frank,

Thanks. I actaully saw the 43" one but I never knew that they also carried a 50". I know the Samsung one does have a DVI input thou so my investment may go into that unless there are better brandnames to go with with DVI.

Matt

4. Syzygy

Syzygy Auditioning

I agree with your wanting DVI, and maybe (like me) you also want HDCP or whatever they're calling the copy-protection protocol now. Which removes Optoma from any future list -- they're inexplicably NOT providing HDCP with their DVI!