What's new

DLP TV Connection (1 Viewer)

Domonic A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Domonic Ableidinger
I am going to purchace a new dlp tv but need to know what cables to run for the hook up.

My audio rack is in the back of the room so I am looking at roughly a 40 foot cable run. I will be hooking up a Satelite reciever and DVD player. I am assumin this is too long for "S" video? I am limited to the number of cables I can snake to the front of the room via PVC pipe.

Thanks for your help.

Domonic A

Andy_Chin

Auditioning
Welcome to the forum, Dominic A!

I've heard that the maximum length for S-video is 50 feet, so try it out. Worst thing that can happen is that you have to go to the store again and get an S-video amplifier. Radio Shack sells an amp that is inexpensive.

I can't insert a link yet because of the forum rules, so just go to their site and look under TV, Satellite & Video -> Video Accessories -> Adapters, Splitters, Amplifier. On the second page, you'll find the amplifer.

Hope this helps!
-Andy

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You'll probably want to run Component video, or DVI/HDMI depending on what inputs and outputs your equipment has. S-video is standard-def only, no progressive scan, no HD, so it leaves very little upgrade room if you're not going that direction already (which you should be).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks