DLP TV Connection

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Domonic A, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Domonic A

Domonic A Stunt Coordinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Domonic Ableidinger
    I am going to purchace a new dlp tv but need to know what cables to run for the hook up.

My audio rack is in the back of the room so I am looking at roughly a 40 foot cable run. I will be hooking up a Satelite reciever and DVD player. I am assumin this is too long for "S" video? I am limited to the number of cables I can snake to the front of the room via PVC pipe.

Thanks for your help.

Domonic A
  2. Andy_Chin

Andy_Chin Auditioning

Mar 24, 2004

I've heard that the maximum length for S-video is 50 feet, so try it out. Worst thing that can happen is that you have to go to the store again and get an S-video amplifier. Radio Shack sells an amp that is inexpensive.

I can't insert a link yet because of the forum rules, so just go to their site and look under TV, Satellite & Video -> Video Accessories -> Adapters, Splitters, Amplifier. On the second page, you'll find the amplifer.

Hope this helps!
  3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Aug 19, 2002
    You'll probably want to run Component video, or DVI/HDMI depending on what inputs and outputs your equipment has. S-video is standard-def only, no progressive scan, no HD, so it leaves very little upgrade room if you're not going that direction already (which you should be).