What's new

dlp screens (1 Viewer)

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
where could i go to find a dlp screen? are they only sold on the internet or can they be found at your local ht store? any recommendations? im fairly new to this as i just got a projector so i dont know much about them so bare with me please thanks for all your help

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
most local retail stores don't carry any stock, but special order the model and size you need when you place the order. depending on screen size and your projectors light output, i'd recommend either the Stewart Greyhawk or the Stewart Firehawk. your best bet is to talk to a retailer (internet or otherwise) and get their screen recommendation for your specific application. check out the screen section at AVS Forum for info as well.
then give Alan Gouger at AVS a call, 716-454-1460, for a quote.

Gil D

Supporting Actor
I also recommend you talk to Jason at AVS about quoting some Dalite screens. They are much less expensive than the Stewarts. The Model B pulldown can be had for relatively cheap money.

Which DLP PJ are you using and are you ceiling mount or table top mount the projector? How is your light control in the room?

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Allan,

Your Sony is an LCD projector and not DLP like my NEC LT150. I don't know your PJ that well but from what I recall reading awhile back was that the LCD's like the 10HT generally benefit from a grey screen that helps to improve the contrast ratio. The Greyhawk or Firehawk may be very good screens for you in this case. Dalite has a High Contrast CinemaVision but unfortunately is not available in the inexpensive Model B pulldown, but probably still cheaper than the Stewarts. Try posting on AVS forum in the under Digital Projectors under $5K section (I think you may get more responses there than the "Screens" section). Use a topic like "Best Screen for Sony 10HT?" . And also use the search function as this should have been asked before.

Your gonna have fun with that projector. If you don't have anything for a screen at the moment you can use a wall painted white or light grey. I used a glossy white tile board as a hi gain screen I purchased from Home Depot for $10 for a long time before getting a DaLite Wide Power screen.

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
oops thanks gil for clearing that up like i said im fairly new to this so i dont know much,do u know if the pull down are adjustable or not? do i have to pull it all the way down or can you pull as far down as you want? how did that tile board work for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks