What's new

Dlp Rptv? (1 Viewer)

EvanYeager

Agent
DLP, LCD, LCOS?

Good grief. I not seen a LCOS (that I know of).

Anyone care to compare and contrast the above in the RPTV configuration?

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
Toshibas LCOS sets are beautiful indeed IMO. The ones that they had at CES looked good, but i noticed some flicker on it went it showed vibrant greens. But 1080p is a good thing when there is a source available for it. I think toshiba has the right idea with the 3 chip LCOS so there aren't any rainbows and you can not argue about there quality. I was not as impressed by the phillips but it was a picture to look at. My biggest complaint would have to be the 7-8k for the Tosh, also the 4 silver screws, one at each corner of the screen...your eyes kinda floats over to them. :rolleyes

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
1920 x 1080 digital TVs...Ahhh.

Hopefully TI will start to develop some 1080 DLP chips soon!

I wish we could get those chips into front-proectors SOON!

dave :)

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
David,
They have LCOS front projestors they had somw at CES. 9500.00 seems to be the starting price on them though.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
LOL...Well the brochures they handed out made them seem awfully nice. They did have plenty of DLP projectors on display. They had one pointed at angled screen. TI also had some DLP's on display.

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
I have not yet had the opportunity to see an LCOS display. I hear they are really impressive. But until they approach the price point of DLP/LCD, I don't even think they belong in the same sentence. Comparing an $8,000 TV to a $4,000 is apples and oranges to most people for whom money is a concern. Just my opinion.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Hitachi has a 4x3 LCOS projector (the 5500 and 5600) that produce a spectacular CRT-like (except for black-level) image and it usually can be had for @ $5000. Not 16x9 but the 16x9 window area of the 4x3 chip has *MORE* resolution than 1280 x 720...so it can be considered a boni-fide hi-def projector.

That's my point people...you can get a *real* theater image for the price of an HDTV rear-projection set!

dave :)

p.s. Hey John, If you're interested in seeing any projector like this check out AVS...I met several people on-line there and have had the chance to see lots of projectors that ordinarily you'd never see set up on display (or displayed properly) at traditional shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks