DLP projectors

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jerry Salzman, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Jerry Salzman

Jerry Salzman Auditioning

Hi All,

This is my first post. Around labor day my basement flooded (minor-dead sump pump). Since we needed to pull everything out, we decided to go for the dream home theatre. The HT room will be 10 x 18. There are no windows so light is not a problem. I think I have decided between the Optima H56 or NEC HT1000.

I am going to go with a 92 or 96 screen in 16x9 format. I intend to watch DVDs and HDTV cable (have about 10 channels currently), and regular cable.

Any opinions, or any better ideas? I have decided not to go over $4,000 but would rather be $3,000. My insurance money looks real small as this room gets more and more expensive.

Thanks

Jerry

2. JackLonn

JackLonn Agent

I've had the HT 1000 for about 5 days now. The picture blows me away and I'm still projecting on the wall. Even my wife is amazed at the picture. Projected image (4:3) is about 100". I plan to get a screen once I know exactly how I want to set up. I think I'll go 4:3 for the flexibility. Projector Central (dot com) has a great info section that was a great help to me. I bought my proj. from Projector People, $3,995 w/ free shipping. Good luck.

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    The HT1000 is a 4x3 projector. If your intention is to watch a lot of widescreen stuff as opposed to 4x3 material then the 16x9 setup is probably better for you. If so then keep a very close eye on the Sony HS20, a native 16x9 projector with a 1366x768 resolution and even better specs than its predecessor, the HS10. It is a lot of projector for the money and even offers MLA (micro lens array) to reduce the pixel structure and offer more brightness in the process. It also has a very good contrast ratio for an LCD PJ and can be found for about $3K.