What's new

DLP Projector....what screen? (1 Viewer)

Joshua L

Agent
Regarding the high power screens:
My projector is being mounted near the ceiling.
Since this is the case, any light reflection would go back toward the projector. If I were to be sitting down in my favorite chair, I would not be seeing optimum picture. Optimum picture would be standing up.
I think I will go with the dalite video spectra model if I do purchase a screen.
For now, I will try the painted wall setup and experiment with different shades of white and Gray.
I would want a fixed wall screen anyway, and they are too expensive for me at this point :)
If anything I will buy screen material and make a diy frame for a screen if I decided to actually use a screen.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Stasulos,

I cannot recommend a glass beaded screen. The problems outweigh any benefit. The biggest problem is that a glass beaded screen is not retro-reflective. IOW, instead of sending light back at the same angle that the light comes from it scatters light in all directions. You get a bright image but the entire front of your room gets lit up like a Christmas tree. A retro-reflective screen will take light from say an 11 degree angle above the screen and reflect it directly back at an 11 degree downward angle which just happens to be right at the seating position. Regards.

Stasulos

Stunt Coordinator
The biggest problem is that a glass beaded screen is not retro-reflective. IOW, instead of sending light back at the same angle that the light comes from it scatters light in all directions. You get a bright image but the entire front of your room gets lit up like a Christmas tree.
I don't care about Christmastreeing unless it has an impact on image quality. Does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks