DLP PJs in home theater dedicated stores

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Sacha_C, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

I'll finally be able to buy the X1 in less than 2 weeks, but I really want to see a demo first because I don't know if the rainbows would annoy me or not.

The only stores that have PJs setup and running are home theater dedicated stores and they don't sell the X1, I will go see other DLPs in that store to see if I can see rainbows, but will HT dedicated stores only have 4x colorwheel DLP projectors or are there also 2x DLPs specifically for HT?

Will the sales rep know the colorwheel speed if I ask or do they have no idea what it is?

Thanks

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Depends but I'd lean toward him not knowing. I just recently demoed both the X1 and a Piano with a 4X colorwheel. I did see no rainbows on the Piano, but on the Infocus with the 2X wheel I saw some infrequently. The Infocus had a better overall picture so that's the one I am going to go with. Rainbows really do not bother me much.

3. Dave Man

Dave Man Stunt Coordinator

Sacha,

If you can find a store that carries Infocus, they probably carry the Infocus Screenplay 4800. This is identical to the X1. (I have called Infocus to verify this fact.) Check around a bit and I'll bet you'll find one.

David

4. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

Thansk but the store that has them on demo doesnt carry infocus products at all.

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Why not buy from an online projector store that will give you some free in home demo time. I know projectorpeople.com allows you 7 days in home with no restock fee.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

6. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

Do they ship to canada? I couldnt find that on the site.

Thanks

7. Ian-Fl

Ian-Fl Second Unit

8. huot

huot Extra

Tele dynamique sur le boul. laurier vends INFOCUS

iT IS TELE DYNAMIQUE IN QUEBEC CITY WHO SELL INFOCUS PRODUCT [​IMG]

9. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

I found a place here in montreal that has a great price on it, but dont demo it, does tele dynamique demo it? Anyway its probably too far away and i decided to take a risk and buy it without seeing a demo, I'll be getting it next saturday I hope but I can't be sure because I'm self employed and do online sales and can't tell if I'll sell enough by saturday to get it, but I applied for a credit card which I might have by then. I'm just missing $300.

Thanks