What's new

DLP Chips (1 Viewer)

Brad_c_g

Agent
I tried doing a search and didn't really turn up much info.

Should I be worried about getting a tv with a HD3 chip versus one with HD2+ can anyone explain the differences? Will all the new models have the HD2+?

MarkJH

Grip
The HD3 is inferior to the HD2+, which is just plain confusing. This info is a little dated, but is still has the current chip info.

I would get a TV with the HD2+ (like the Samsung HLRxx67, HLPxx85 or HLPxx74 or Toshibas xxHM84 models) over the budget HD3 chips.

Only problem, some people have complained about audio lag on the new Samsung HLR sets. Nobody seems to be able to figure it out, although it seems it is more of a problem with 480i sources, like game consoles and older DVD players. The HLPxx74 sets don't have this problem, but note these are different from the HLPxx63 sets (they use the HD3 chips) even though they use the same 3 letter designation.

I don't own a DLP yet, still waiting for my Panasonic rear projector CRT HD set to die. Still going strong.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks