DLNB went out, what are my options?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeZ, Aug 20, 2001.

1. MikeZ

MikeZ Auditioning

I have an Echostar 4000 with what they now call the Dish 300 dish, the system is four years old.
    I have the dual LNB because it came with the model 4000 receiver which I bought for the RF remote, I only have one receiver.
    I called Dish network, they quoted me a price of $75 for a replacement LNB (for a single LNB, not a dual LNB). But before I spend $75 on a new LNB, I would most likely just cancel my service and sign up with Direct TV (and get a free new receiver and dish).
    But, before I do that, are there any cheap ways to get a new LNB for my dish? If I buy a replacement LNB for the Direct TV system, will that work in my Dish Network dish? Is there a market for used LNBs?
    Thanks!

2. Mark_Graham

Mark_Graham Extra

Mike,
    You may want to check out E-bay. Just be sure to ask the seller if its compatible with your particular dish. Also be sure to read their feedback from previous transactions. Best of luck.

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Dish LNB's mount on a D shaped arm and DirecTV LNB's mount on a square arm. Other than that, they are completely compatible. Dish Depot has them for $39.
    -Robert

4. Bob Jackson

Bob Jackson Stunt Coordinator

WalMart carries them. Not for $39 though.