DJ Wudi (me) mixsessions posted...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WoodyH, Dec 17, 2001.

1. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

I just thought I'd post a little note to see if any of you might be interested...
    I've spent much of the past 8 years or so DJ'ing in dance clubs, and have a series of mix sessions posted on my website. They're all continuous mix .mp3 files, ranging from 22 minutes (about 26 Mb) up to 74 minutes (about 85 Mb), encoded at either 128 or 160 kbps.
    If you'd like to download and take a listen to any of them (and maybe let me know if you think they're any good or not...[​IMG]), they're here at my DJ Wudi propaganda page.
    Here's quick playlists...
    Difficult Listening Hour 01 (39.4 MB)
    Depeche Mode - Headstar / Josh Wink - Black Bomb / Pop Will Eat Itself - Menofearthereaper / Coil - The Snow / Underworld - Dirty Epic / Drumclub - Sound System / Rabbit In The Moon - Sub-Fusion
    Difficult Listening Hour 02v1 (55.5 MB)
    Faithless - Salva Mea / Tansister - Head / Tori Amos - Professional Widow / Tori Amos - Talula / Sarah MacLachlan - Posession / DJ Icey - This is How My Drummer Drums / Crystal Method - Busy Child / Josh Wink - Higher State of Conciousness / Underworld - Cowgirl
    Difficult Listening Hour 02v2 (59.2 MB)
    Faithless - Salva Mea / Transister - Head / Dee-Lite - Groove Is In the Heart / Madonna - Music / Sarah MacLachlan - Posession / DJ Icey - This is How My Drummer Drums / Crystal Method - Busy Child / Josh Wink - Higher State of Conciousness / Underworld - Rez
    Difficult Listening Hour 03 (67.4 MB)
    Faithless - Drifting Away / The Crystal Method - Comin' Back / Funky Green Dogs - Until the Day / Club 69 - Drama / Orgy - Blue Monday / DJ Icey - Not A Test / F.U. - Stomp / Chris "The Geek" Panaghi - Funky / DJ Supreme - The Wildstyle / Tzant - Sounds of Wickedness / Klubbheads - Discohopping / X-Press2 - The Sound / ATB - Don't Stop / Dario G - Sunchyme
    Difficult Listening Hour 04 (85.2 MB)
    God Within - Raincry / Jaydee - Plastic Dreams / Snitzer & McCoy vs. Humate - Oh My Darling I Love You / Basco - The Beat Goes On / Lo Fidelity All Stars - Lazer Dip Sheep Funk / Freestylers - Drop the Boom / Freestylers - Don't Stop / Len - Man of the Year / Toxic Twins feat. The Jungle Brothers - I'll House You / Cirrus - Back on a Mission / DJ Supreme - The Wildstyle / Kornholio - Friction
    Torimix v1 (41.6 MB)
    Tori Amos - God (Rainforest Resort) / Tori Amos - In the Springtime of His Voodoo (Hasbrouck Heights Club) / Tori Amos - Professional Widow (Armand's Star Trunk Funkin') / Tori Amos - Jackie's Strength (Wedding Cake Meltdown) / Tori Amos - Talula (BT's Synethasia) / BT feat. Tori Amos - Blue Skies (Hot Tracks)
    Torimix v2 (53.5 MB)
    Tori Amos - God (Rainforest Resort) / Tori Amos - In the Springtime of His Voodoo (Hasbrouck Heights Club) / Tori Amos - Professional Widow (Armand's Star Trunk Funkin') / Tori Amos - Jackie's Strength (Wedding Cake Meltdown) / Tori Amos - Talula (BT's Synethasia) / BT feat. Tori Amos - Blue Skies (Hot Tracks)
    Mission Accomplished (31.6 MB)
    Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen - Mission Impossible (Intro) / Propellerheads - On Her Majesty's Secret Service / Moby - James Bond Theme / Propellerheads - Spy Break / Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen - Mission Impossible
    A Fine Day's Mix (26.1 MB)
    Opus III - It's A Fine Day / Orbital - Halcyon & On & On / Orbital - Halcyon / Miss Jane - It's A Fine Day

2. Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn Second Unit

A Fine Day's Mix (26.1 MB)

So did you throw Halcyon in with It's a fine day since Halcyon contains backwards lyrics of it's a fine day?

I'll download a few of these once I get my router installed...

3. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

Pretty much, yeah. That one was kind of a silly experiment, which could end up sounding cool or just really monotonous, depending on your mood, I guess. [​IMG] Basically, all four of the songs are variations on a theme.
    Opus III's "It's a Fine Day" was the original track featuring a female vocalist singing the lyrics, "It's a fine day, people open windows, they leave their houses, just for a short while...it's going to be a fine night tonight, it's going to be a fine day tomorrow...."
    Orbital's "Halcyon" sampled and reworked the basic tune and lyrics from Opus III's song.
    Orbital's "Halcyon & On & On" is a longer, more or less 'instrumental' version of "Halcyon" - many people heard it used in the movie Hackers.
    Miss Jane's "It's a Fine Day" is a remake of the Opus III track, giving it a more modern 'house' sound.
    So it's basically the same theme from beginning to end. I ended up liking it enough to keep it, though it probably depends upon your particular taste - for instance, a 20-minute long mix of Suzanne Vega's "Tom's Diner" would most likely have me foaming at the mouth and wearing my fingers to nubs trying to claw and scratch my way through the walls to get away by the time it was done. [​IMG]