1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DJ Shadow - new album?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonK, Oct 10, 2001.

1. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Hey gang -
    I was just browsing CDnow and saw that he has an album "expected for release" on October 16. It's entitles "Camel Bobsled Race." They had no other info. Does anyone know if this is an import? It was a $20 disc, so I thought maybe it comes out in England first and CDnow is offering the import. That and the fact that allmusic had no info on the disc also stuck me as odd. I love Shadow's "Endtroducing" album, and should be getting "Preemptive Strike" this week. Good stuff.
    [Edited last by JasonK on October 10, 2001 at 08:08 PM]

2. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

According to his website, www.djshadow.com, they still have no set release date for the album.

3. Andy Kellman

Andy Kellman Extra

You should be getting Camel Bobsled Race as the second disc of Preemptive Strike, provided your copy will be the US edition. It's a 24-minute mix job with Q-Bert. It was released by itself in the UK.

4. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

His actual new album is set for release sometime in February 2002 according to his website. However, Shadow and Cut Chemist are putting out another CD similar to the Brainfreeze CD (mixing 45's) called Product Placement and are touring a few dates behind it.

5. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Thanks gang! I should get Pre-Emptive Strike today or tomorrow, that's cool that Camel Bobsled Race is on it. I'll have to check out the Brainfreeze CD, too. Speaking of Qbert, I also found out (thanks to HTF) that he is putting out the Wave Twisters movie on DVD. That should be great.

6. Adnan Sheikh

Adnan Sheikh Stunt Coordinator

Brainfreeze is great...just a lot of fun. Didn't know about Product Placement, sounds like it should be very cool.

7. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

Yeah, it does...the only problem is that for the moment, they will only be selling the Product Placement CD at their live dates, just like they did with Brainfreeze. Luckily they came through Houston a couple of years back and I picked up Brainfreeze (and got it autographed!), but the Product Placement tour isn't coming anywhere near here. Hopefully they will release the CD through mail order or something in the future.
    [Edited last by Jason_H on October 11, 2001 at 11:05 PM]

8. JasonD

JasonD Agent

Glad to see that I'm not the only DJ Shadow fan around. It's a shame that American radio won't embrace trip-hop. It's fresh, offers dynamic sounds/sources, and hell, it just sounds good [​IMG]