DIY turn table?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_Gomez, Dec 12, 2002.

1. DIY turntables...I know they exist, but where can I find some info on them?

2. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

Semi-DIY:
    www.teresaudio.com
    www.redpoint-audio-design.com
    www.diyaudio.com had one or two "Let's build a turntable" threads... I think that was up around several hundred or thousand posts the last time I checked, enough that I didn't read it. I think some people felt that they were arriving at pretty much the same design principles used in the Teres 'table... but that's just something I vaguely remember reading.

3. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

4. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

You boys are 'bout to step off the deep end. Tony, are you retired, or what?[​IMG]

5. Ronnie Ferrell

Ronnie Ferrell Second Unit

Here is one that I have always thought was really cool! The guy built it from scratch, not a kit! Very impressive work for an 18 year old! I know I would not have had the patients at that age! [​IMG]
    You might try emailing him for some info, especially now that you have access to the metal shop!!!
    Ronnie
    Photos of DIY turntable
    Original post on AudioAsylum

6. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

Oh yes, I remember that one. Some other DIY/tweaks I've seen - one guy bought a DC motor and controller off of eBay and hooked them up to his Rega P3, said it improved the pitch stability by a lot. I found that to be a pretty intriguing idea, I'd try it but I don't think there's space on my triangular TT table for an external motor pod. Should have bought the rectangular table when I was at Ikea [​IMG]
    Brett, did you go through the image gallery / Hall of Fame at the Teres website? [​IMG]

7. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

Saurav
    Does a Duck have Lips? [​IMG]
    Gorgeous stuff!
    Hmmm lets see, IF I had money... (which I don't..)
    Symphones Tube Linestrage Pre
    Teres 200 Series Table
    ClearAudio Tonearm
    Grado Reference Cartridge
    Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD Transport (I may get this sooner than later)
    S.E.T Monoblocks (4) 20-30 Watts Class A
    What else?
    A good way to blow enough money to pay for a loaded new
    Cavalier or something... LOL

8. THanks guys,...now have a bunch to look over
    Hank,,,retired?...well...in another 4 years, I will be retiring from school [​IMG] I think (not counting pre-school) 23 years in school is enough for me [​IMG]
    but school now has a machine shop which I have a key to. I might as well take advantage of that while I can[​IMG]