What's new

DIY Tempest Subwoofers *PRICE DROP* (TX Sale Only) (1 Viewer)

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
FS: Two DIY Tempest subwoofers, 270 liters internal volume ported and tuned to 18Hz with dual 4" flared ports. These are very well built units made out of 1.25" MDF and heavily braced. These subwoofers have -3dB extension to 20Hz at VERY high output levels. They are finished in cloth (one in red, one in black) and can be easily re-done to match your decor. Cabinet size is 23"W x 23"D x 43"H. They weigh approximately 200lbs, and cannot be shipped. Will deliver to Austin, Dallas, or Houston, or any town on a major route connecting those cities. These would make excellent subwoofers for someone with the space to house them.

They are the large red & black units in the front corners of my theater:

http://www.hayenga.com/mark/speakers...r/MVC-633S.JPG

Subs include cabinet & drivers. You will have to supply the amplifer.

Price: $350 each obo

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Mark,
I may be interested in one. Would like to give it a listen. Is the big white teddy bear included? ;)

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Hey Chad,

I'd be happy to give you a demo, but my system is in tremendous disarray right now. My projector is in for repairs, I sold my pre/pro yesterday, and I'm in the process of rebuilding all my DIY bookshelf speakers.

If you have an amp to drive it (the subs are a 4 ohm load), I'd have no problem leaving one with you on loan. Try it for a week and if you like it, just cut me a check, if not I'll be happy to pick it up. It really is a good sounding subwoofer, lots of local guys have heard them (Jonathan Atkins, Jeff Meininger) if you want to ask them their opinions.

And unfortunately the bear is no longer with us :) My little brother claimed him a while back.

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Mark, is your utexas email still active? Right now I've got an SVS 20-39PC sub that I'm not sure will be enough for my (soon to be finished *knock on wood*) 27'x17' theater room.

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Yep, the mail.utexas.edu account is still good. I'm graduating in August but have 2 more years of med school pre-reqs to work on.

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
I'll throw in a good word for Mark on these subs. I've helped him a build a number of speakers and can vouch for his craftmanship...and the cracked plaster in his kitchen is proof of their prodigous output. I told him to sell these for $800 each, so whoever buys them is getting a heck of a deal.

Niraj Patel

Agent
Mark,

I wish I had the room for that behemoth, but my tiny apt (and my weenie neighbors) won't have any of it. 85L Vented Shiva for me :emoji_thumbsup: .

However, my father is in need of a sub, but I know he was hoping to stay around $250. I will pass this along to him and see what he thinks, although this sub may be a bit too extreme for him but we shall see. ;)

Niraj

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks