1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

diy surounds

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryan Michael, May 5, 2002.

1. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

is there any diy surounds with a bi/di polar config like the po;k audio fx1000 i have a nice polk audio setup but would like to upgrade but would like to make my own speakers and save some green backs i have rt 800 front cs 400 center and the fx 500 for all of my surounds this is what i want to replace

2. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

any one help me?

3. Aaron Smithski

Aaron Smithski Stunt Coordinator

Bryan,
    I was in the same predicament as you a month ago and found this sight - www.audioinnovation.com
    There is a neat pair of bipoles there. They do not have a switch for dipolar operation but that could be accomplished without too much trouble.
    I was looking into building these but found a killer deal on some A/D/S switchable bipole/dipole surrounds that I could not pass up.
    Hope this helps,
    Aaron

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

It's funny, I was just kicking around the idea of some bipoles this afternoon. I was looking at some Morel drivers that are a little pricey... but, I figure.. since I probably will never actually build them, why not go all out.
    I'm just waiting for my "CAD-head" brother to figure out the enclosure for me. (it's so much easier than doing the math myself [​IMG])
    Anyway.. I'll post the plans someplace when I get it done.
    Do you know what sort of drivers you're looking at?