diy surounds

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryan Michael, May 5, 2002.

1. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

is there any diy surounds with a bi/di polar config like the po;k audio fx1000 i have a nice polk audio setup but would like to upgrade but would like to make my own speakers and save some green backs i have rt 800 front cs 400 center and the fx 500 for all of my surounds this is what i want to replace

2. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

any one help me?

3. Aaron Smithski

Aaron Smithski Stunt Coordinator

Bryan,
    I was in the same predicament as you a month ago and found this sight - www.audioinnovation.com
    There is a neat pair of bipoles there. They do not have a switch for dipolar operation but that could be accomplished without too much trouble.
    I was looking into building these but found a killer deal on some A/D/S switchable bipole/dipole surrounds that I could not pass up.
    Hope this helps,
    Aaron

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

It's funny, I was just kicking around the idea of some bipoles this afternoon. I was looking at some Morel drivers that are a little pricey... but, I figure.. since I probably will never actually build them, why not go all out.
    I'm just waiting for my "CAD-head" brother to figure out the enclosure for me. (it's so much easier than doing the math myself [​IMG])
    Anyway.. I'll post the plans someplace when I get it done.
    Do you know what sort of drivers you're looking at?