What's new

Diy subwoofer, some help please. (1 Viewer)

Robert Burchell

Auditioning
Hello, im looking into making my own subwoofer for my stereo, and id like to ask some questions. 2 subwoofers that are available to me at a fair price are the Shiva and Tempest, and im wondering, which would be better for my aplication. The sub will be used roughly 90% for music and 10% for movies, which would have a tighter sound and offer more PUNCH for those killer drum beats from my fav rock band RUSH(best drummer goin!)yet be able to play nice and deep for the little bit of rap and techno i listen to from time to time. Also i like my bass pretty loud (i have (2) little 8" jvc subs now, and they get fairly loud but im sure the tempest would kill them for spl because there sensitivity is only 81db. I have 320 watts of power to throw at it if that helps but could purchase a different amp in the future if need be. finnaly what box would get me best results? i like to really feel the kick drums in rock, but love the deep boom of rap.

Thanks for any help guys

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I would say to go with the high-Q alignments at www.adireaudio.com . Either ported or sealed. Since you arent looking for deep extension this will allow you to make a smaller enclosure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks