What's new

DIY sub using HT amp (1 Viewer)

Steve Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I have a channel on my amp that I am not currently using, and I am looking to build a sub. So, what I am wondering is this. Can I use this amp for my sub? I have been looking over old posts here, and I have seen references to a rumble filter. I would assume that amps intended for use with a sub would have this filter, and other amps would not. Do I need to do anything, or are there any potential concerns, with my proposed project? T

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Other than adequate power and a low band pass filter (crossover) I can't think of anything. Both of my subs are passive and share channels on a two channel pro amp. Works ok for me.

PaulDF

Second Unit
If you build a sealed sub, you don't need the rumble filter. If you build a ported sub, you just need to be aware that frequencies below the tuning point will push your sub way too far.

I ran my sub with a regular receiver for a while, it worked fine. Just be realistic with your volume level during extremely low bass signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks