What's new

DIY Sub Suggestions Wanted (1 Viewer)

Greg Foan

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,
Well with the help of several of you out there I've been able to settle on a receiver and speakers.......now I need some help in choosing a sub. I purchased the Onkyo 575X and have decided to order 5 ACI Emeralds (DIY kits). Can anyone suggest a DIY sub that would work well with this setup. I'm looking for a "complete" kit as I know nothing about electronics, design software etc. and prefer not to do a lot of experimenting. I'll be using it 70/30 HT/music in a room with 7 1/2 ft ceilings and approx 15' X 12' in size.
Thanks in Advance.
Greg

Anthony F.

Stunt Coordinator
If you haven't already, check here first. There are so many great options that you're really only limited by whatever budget you set. Good luck.

Aaron Plaza

Auditioning
Check out partsexpress.com I built a 12" Titanic. F3 is about 30 hz with 100 watt amp. I currently have one of their 250 amps on order to power the box. They have complete kits with all the wood already cut, or buy just the components and go at it on your own. They also offer great advice as well.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Greg,
What the hell, while you're ordering the Emeralds why not order the Titan II kit from ACI as well? I've built 3 subs using the SV12 driver (which is the same driver in the Titan II) but used the PSA1 amp. One sub I built the exact same enclosure as the Titan. Of course, using the amp for the Titan II along with the SV12 makes a much nicer system in the 2ft^3 enclosure. I'm helping a friend build one this weekend. It should turn out great!
Brian
------------------

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
along the same lines as the parts express kit, mcm electronics has a sealed 12" box for 79$ already assembled, finished, with a grille. Thats what I'm going with since I haven't got access to much along the lines of power tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks