DIY sub matching SVS PB2+

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Shane Morales, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

Just curious, what goes into building a sub to match the SVS PB2+? What would you buy? How much would spend? Briefly, how would you do it?

2. Darren_T

Darren_T Second Unit

Rather than trying to match your current sub why don't you sell it and build two identical subs?

3. Shane Morales

Oh, I don't have a PB2+. I'd just like to get an idea if it's possible to build a DIY sub that matches one and if so at what cost. Just curious.

4. Jake K

Jake K Stunt Coordinator

My vented AV15 is almost done, I expect it to be as good as a PB2+, the drivers in the PB2+ are very similar to the AV12. I think my total cost has been about $450-$500. It seems "easy" to outperform any commercial sub out there with a DIY sub.

5. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

dual av 12 in a bigger box will allmost keep up with the pb2+ the subs are very similar but the svs sub has more x-max than the 12. but dual av15 will out performe a svs.

6. Shane Morales

Um... what's an AV12/15? Where do I buy them? I have access to a woodworking shop and I certainly can muster $500 for a sub to match a PB2+. Holy cow, I had no idea it would be that cheap. That's like half the price. What kind of amp would I need?

7. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

8. Nat Ward

Nat Ward Agent

Argg, I don't have 15 posts yet, so my last response with web addresses got tossed. The web pages are www dot acoustic-visions dot com and www dot stryke dot com. The stryke page even has some forums, so you might want to post there to see what owners of AV12s and AV15s say. I recommend Kyle at acoustic visions, he's been great to deal with and answers questions very quickly.
    Nat Ward