What's new

DIY speaker stands, almost finished (1 Viewer)

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
http://skylinegtr.go.dyndns.org/gall...g2_itemId=2562

Needs another round of paint to fix the bloobers I made on my first DIY HT project. Spikes probably are needed as well, and some rubber sheets to go under the speaker. PVC pipes are filled with sand so it's a very stable construction unlike many premade stands.

Next most likely is a equipment rack for my 2 channel system, or stands for Dahlquist DQ10's. Then maybe, a DIY sub. The only problem is finding enough time for all this... :)

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice, I can't really tell, but how did you connect the pvc pipe to the wood stands? There are no outside screws or anything so I was wondering.
Thanks, keep up the good work.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Matt answered your question already. I used silicon to seal the pipes to the wood before putting sand in. Then some glue before screwing the woods together, just to be on the safe side. A lot of the work was done by my dad who is a pro, well mostly building houses but this type of work isn't strange to him either. Design was all mine and the next project will be all me...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks