What's new

DIY Speaker Kits? (1 Viewer)

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
How are the instructions that are included with the kits from SCH/Speakerpage, Adire, etc?

Although I don't exactly need any more speakers, I think this would be a fun project. However, I've never done anything like this and haven't used a soldering iron for anything more than tinning the ends of speaker wire.

If I do decide to build a kit it'd probably be the SCH K08T23. The Dayton III MTM design at speakerbuilder.net also looks interesting, and all parts should be available from Parts Express.

I'd probably have the MDF cut for me at Home Depot, and then take the front/back pieces with me the next time I visit my parents to have the holes cut. I suspect my father would be surprised that I'd ever show any interest in a saw or any sort of power tools... :)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Jonathan, the towers sound just fine - very impressive even without considering their killer value. The monitor size are great too - you'll be impressed. A picture of my SCH towers (predecessor to the current design), as well as pics of my SCH center channel are on this site: http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
I'll try to find out when the tower kits will be available.

Scott, the SCH instructions are clear and sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks