DIY Screen

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by richard_v, Jul 28, 2003.

1. richard_v

richard_v Stunt Coordinator

I will soon be building a 16:9 DIY screen measuring 120’’ x 67.5”. I cannot find blackout fabric any wider than 54”.

What other screen materials are recommended?

2. Jacques C

Jacques C Stunt Coordinator

Have a look at Dazian.

www.dazian.com

Never seen the fabric, but I have heard of others using it for DIY screen material.

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    What kind of projector are you using and what are the characteristics of your room (light).

4. richard_v

richard_v Stunt Coordinator

I'll be able to completely darken my home theater. The projector I'm seriously considering is the Sanyo PLV-Z1.

5. Raul A

Raul A Stunt Coordinator

If anyone has used the fabric from Dazian please chime in, I'd love to learn more about it.

I too am building a screen for my living room HT. I have lots of ambient light (for now anyway) and am using the Infocus X1. I plan to build a 100" diagonal screen; or 49" H x 87.2" W.

I am going to buy the GOO Systems digital grey basecoat and light grey topcoat for painting the screen. And at 15 bucks for two yards, the Dazian Brite Screen 122" for Projection seems like a great alternative for fabric.

But can I paint it with the GOO? Is that fabric even meant to be painted? Has anyone tried this and run into unexpected problems?

Thanks in advance.