What's new

DIY Screen - 120" x 80" (4:3) (1 Viewer)

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

It seems like many of the DIY screens have a limitation of 100" in length. I was wondering if anyone was able to build something like 120x80 and if so what material(s) was used to do so?

I am about to start a major construction project in my basement dedicated for HT and wanted to build this screen along with the dry walls/drop ceilings so any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have seen some DIY screen using Plas-tex or blackout cloth but it's size limitation wouldn't work for me.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
oops...yeah, it's 120x90 and I've posted it on AVS. I just thought I try here also.

Thanks,

Mark

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I found a great material to use to make a screen up to 10' X 15' at HomeDepot. It's a drop cloth that is rubber backed. The material is the perfect texture and the rubber side is a brilliant flat white. I made my 126" X 70.9" screen with it and it turned out perfectly! I might try to GESSO it, but right now I don't think it needs it (the colors are VERY close). All for 30 bucks Canadian (20 US). Its in the paint section if you want to check it out.

Dean

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Now you have me curious. What will be supplying the image to this screen. 120" x 90" = 150" diagonal which is one of the largest HT screens I have seen.

GabrielleG

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Dean,

I thought about using a painters drop cloth but I was worried about how it would work. Did you have any trouble putting it on a frame?

Gabrielle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks