What's new

DIY RPTV Tweaking (1 Viewer)

FrantzM

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Forum

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong Forum area. I was out of Video for a good five years. I never left audio. The pace is much quicker in video these days definitely when I left HDTV was a dream now less than 2 K buys you an HDTV RPTV!!!

I am going to acquire a new RPTV (and also a DLP Front Projector, next year) but my question concerns the RPTV. Is there a good thread on how to tweak an RPTV. Securing the mirrors. Darkening the interior minimizing light spills and mechanical focus.

Let me know

Frantz
Port-au-prince, Haiti

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
We all love the Spot, Steven, but Frantz came here to HTF to ask this question. And numerous threads regarding members' ISF-level calibrations of their sets discuss such internal tweaks as lining the interior of RPTVs with dark material to minimize internal reflections and such. Our own Gregg Loewen and Michael TLV, both of whom are ISF-certified technicians, can tell you much in this area. In fact, I will ask them to check out this thread.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys!!

Steven, thanks for your support :-(

Frantz,

HTF has a lot to offer you as a tweeker wanta be.

If you have a specific question do a search on it and you will most likely find the answer. If the answer cant be found please post your question.

Jim Doolittle (imaging expert) has been surfing by HTF lately. This morning I even saw Kevin Miller (ISF instructor) replying to a post. Also ISF gurus like Mike Hamilton and Dave Abrams (Dave works with Joe Kane). Not to mention regular posts by Guy Kuo the creator of AVIA. HTF can offer you the video expertise you need. However please keep in mind that not all video experts (myself included) will discuss all types of tweeking for non techs due to warranty / manufacturer concerns.

Best wishes!

Gregg Loewen

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Tell us which set you have and it will be easier to tell you the specifics. Techniques vary between brands and models.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks