DIY rack other than flexi- style? pics please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Basham, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Scott Basham

Scott Basham Stunt Coordinator

If you have built a rack other than a flexi-rack, I'd love to see pictures of it. I built a flexi, but it just wasn't as refined looking as I wanted.. plus, I was afraid of sliding components into the threads and scraping them.

Surely someone has built a nice looking wood rack that they'd like to share pictures or suggestions about.

Thanks guys!

2. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Scott,
    This one is not mine but I think it looks very cool. I'm considering a flexy as my next project. I don't see it being done in the near future though. Here's to hoping someone has some pictures to share!
    Dan Hine

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I wish we could get Norm from the New Yankee Workshop to build a home theater rack. I bet he could build an excellent one. [​IMG]
    Jon

4. Brian Steeves

Brian Steeves Second Unit

Scott,
    Here is a link to some pictures I took of my latest speaker project, but you can see the racks I made out of solid maple and Birch plywood behind them.

5. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Brian, I remember seeing those stands the last time I saw your website. [​IMG] Do you have any plans or measured drawings where I could try to make one of those for myself?
    Jon

6. Scott Basham

Brian,

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for if I go with an open design. Care to give the details on it such as required tools and total expense for materials? Oh.. I like those casters as well.

Anyone else have picture of their DIY wooden rack, open or closed?

7. Brian Steeves

I really didn't have any drawings for the racks. I made custom made them. I would be happy to take a few measurments if you like? I could also take a few up close pictures so you guys can see how they were assembled. Let me know.

8. Scott Basham

Fire away Brian. I'm sure I'm not the only one that could benefit from them. Just visited your website. It looks like you do nice work on all your projects.

Thanks in advance!

9. Brian Steeves

OK. I'll take some pictures and measurements tomorrow. I won't have them up until tomorrow night though, I have to overhaul my wife's breaks!

10. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Still working on your website? Looking forward to seeing how you built that rack. [​IMG]
    Jon

11. Brian Steeves

Whoops! I totally forgot :b I will try to get them up sometime Sunday.