What's new

DIY Power Cords- Belden 83802 -for not much $ (1 Viewer)

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
DIY, or assembled power cords for low change.

If one is looking for a very high quality power cord for a very reasonable price then check out www.audiogon.com

Look for the offering listed at "$2.50 a foot". Ernie (Subaruguru) is offering kits, or assembled, of power cords using the AudioAsylum recipe first heralded by Chris VH (a pioneer who first brought this cable to DIY'ers). For variations of CVH's recipes, just do a search at AA under "83802". Four flavors are listed, depending on your systems needs.

The Belden 83802 is 12AWG teflon coated, braided cable, with a foil shield. A bit (but managable) stiff, but very easy to work with. Directions are easy to follow.

If you are looking for a black background, tighter bass, and a ton of detail, then this power cord is a must try.
I am in no way affiliated with Ernie (ok, we both live in the same state of MA) .. aka Subaruguru... just a DIY'er passing along an inexpensive recipe for a very smooth power cord.
Oh, you don't believe power cords make a difference ? As always, YMMV, system synergy applies, an accumulation of "overly priced" power cords means nothing, snake oil is flowing, buyer beware, PT Barnum, fool and his money.... etc..... 8*)
Hey, for $35. you can be your own judge and jury.
;~~~~~)

BOK

This 83802 recipe is far from "new"... having been posted well over a year and a half ago on AA. But, as a fair bunch of us are always looking to improve out systems, I figured I would throw this out here. Just having fun.....

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Brian Thanks for the info.
Will this power cord work with my Rotel rmb 1075 amp?
How does this compare to some of the well known offerings from kimber and others?
Thanks again for the info.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Yep, the CVH cord w/ his recipes.

I use four 83802 cords --- one for my DVD, and three with my IRD MB-100 (Le Amp) monoblocks, so I certainly would venture to say you can use this 12AWG cord with your Rotel.

I use the ZU Birth, and the Harmonic Tech Pro AC11, with my monoblock setup as well, and I would put the 83802 right there in the company of those two cords.
For little money, the 83802 certainly lives up to the countless positive kudos this cord has received in the last couple years.
I will not buy another retail power cord is how I feel about the 83802. If you go this route, just mate it with a quality AC plug and IEC.

BOK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks