What's new

DIY Poster Mount/frame (1 Viewer)

Jason Monette

Second Unit
I just picked up some movie posters and was wondering what type of mounting you guys have done to display them. I really don't want to spend $100 to have them mounted. I am looking for some ideas.

Post Away

Jason Monette

Second Unit
Thanks Bill,

I am actually looking to build something like in the theaters. Some with some back lighting, and some with out. Any suggestions on how I should go about doing this?

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
this is what i did i got 1x4 slect pine bords bult a fraim and put a bord that is realey thin to mount the lights to i baught 2 cheap $7 shop lights took them apart to use the transformer out of and the mounts for the lights it is very easy and mounted 1 transformer to each side the lights have 2 bulbs pre transformer but i olny used 3 36 inch bulbs works great and i saved 20 dollars on the lighting then i bult a fraim out of 1x2 and cut a grove in it to hold the plexi with i had 2 layers that sandwith the poster.

shop lights $14
bulbs $12
wood $20
plexi $35
piano hinge $5
back wood panel $3 but i bought a 4x8 sheet for $9 i am going to buld 2 more
grand total $89

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
hires a pic of the fraim open i havent stained it yet it is bare wood the dimentons are 42 1/2 by 29 1/2 by 4 1/2
you lose 1/4 an inch of poster onthe top and botom left and right so the plexi can sit in the front fraim i dont have a swith installed yet and i need to get some foam striping to reduce the lithgt leakage
http://www.geocities.com/theirishgon...?1030567549012
this page has a pic of the fraim open

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,
I aslo did something silimar, but used rope lighting instead for illumination. These dim easily when need for movie viewing.;) Also, covered my with Black Soft Step carpet from Home Depot to match my HT decor. I spent less than $40 for mine and they are quite attractive. Sorry , no pics as of yet.:frowning:

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i would asls say to use a dubble sided poster in a back lit fraim they have better color and dont wash out as much

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks