What's new

diy PE sub enclosure complete. (1 Viewer)

Mike<>P

Grip
Hello everyone here are a few pics of my new sub box. It is a dual 15" Titanic ported design built according to the specs on the PE website with a few port deviations(port#'s and dimensions)OK'd by the tech line using the same program(BassBox6 Pro). I also used winISD and came up with similar specs.

How does it sound? Well....I can't really say for sure but as long as you're not in the same room as the sub, it cranks!..........I have serious cancellation issues(posted in the HT/interior forum)

It isn't painted because it will be built into the wall and hidden by a grill. Hiding it was pretty much the only option as it is HUGE! (21"h 45"w 26"d)

BTW: picture it with the top installed! sorry

Mike<>P

Grip
Thanks,Wayne. I do not have the power to post pics but soon I will.

I believe the box is very sturdy. I used 1 1/2 sheets of 3/4" MDF, lots of pine bracing, 2 tubes of Liquid Nails and approx 400 drywall screws. This box(w/drivers) has to weigh 200lbs EASY! I used 5lbs of polyfill inside but I may need more. I put it in very fluffy but it is still 6 or 7" from the top of the box. Does this matter?

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, thats very nice. What kind of amp are you using to power that bad boy...and, are you sure you used enough screws?:wink:

Mike<>P

Grip
thanks, Jason,....enough screws?..I think so! I might weld 1/2" plate steel on the box also. Just heavy enough to crack a 6" concrete slab floor.:D I am using a QSC rmx2450 to power them.

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator

I would use 3/8" stainless, but thats just me:crazy:.

Nice amp, though, that setup should seriously crank once it gets ironed out. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks