What's new

DIY On-Wall Speakers (1 Viewer)

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
Sometime ago I built a subwoofer with help from these boards. I used the Adire audio plans for the build, and it is outstanding.

After wall mounting my plasma, I'd like to build some on-wall speakers to compliment it.

Are there any existing plans or suggestions you could provide? I've never used the different software packages to determine box dimensions, and would prefer to work from existing plans if available.

Thanks,
Gerry

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Dayton Home Theater has no baffle step designed into it so they can be placed up against (or hung on) a wall. I have the parts to make a set of 6 and a center channel. I was going to build them in the Def Tech Mythos style.

-Robert

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the links and suggestions. Robert, your project sounds pretty much what I am after.

I have a couple of questions:

1)The page you linked mentions increasing the height of the baffle and decreasing depth. I suppose it is OK to change the cabinet dimensions, so long as the cabinet has the same volume? Also, does this apply to any sealed cabinet project I may come across?

2) I assume that even though you increase the height of the cabinet, you do not change the distance between the woofers/tweeters on the baffle, right?

3) Finally, those Daytons indicate they are a 4 ohm load. I dont think my Pioneer Elite receiver will have trouble driving them. Any thoughts here?

Thanks,
Gerry

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1. Same volume and same baffle width. Changing the width of the speaker will change the sound characteristics.
2. Correct. Center to center spacing on the drivers should stay the same.
3. I run a Pioneer VSX-1014 which has Elite internals. I have read dozens of posts that it can easily handle a 4 ohm load. My current center channel is 4 ohms. No problems there.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks