What's new

DIY M&K-style Speaker Stands (1 Viewer)

David Cerfolio

Auditioning
Here's a way to build inexpensive and fine looking bases for the M&K system. All products available at Home Depot.

18 X 18 inch concrete patio pavers

3/4" pipe connector thing (metal plate with four holes for bolts and a 3/4" pipe connector)

2 inch bolts with washers and nuts

3/4" foam pipe insulation

3/4" plastic feet (self adhesive)

Rustoleum Black Textured paint

Use a masonary bit to drill holes for the bolts that will attach the pipe connector to the paver. Place the connector about four inches from one end of the paver and along the center axis. Attach the connector to the paver with the bolts. Paint the paver and connector with the black paint. Paint the foam insulation with the black paint. After the paint dries attach the plastic feet to the base and cut foam to correct length to cover the pipe length that you have selected.

I bought the top swivel/tilt bracket from a M&K dealer and bought the pipe and everything else at home depot (very minimal expense). The stands look great and the foam insulation over the pipe hides the speaker wires as well. The black paint over concrete mimic the cast iron M&K bases well.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
David, do you happen to have any pictures? These DIY stands sound very interesting, but I just can't visualize them.
Thanks for the info! :emoji_thumbsup:

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I use Bidbay.com. They are an auction site but they offer free image hosting. You can do this and just use HTML to post your pic. Although I haven't used it in a while, I hope they are still active.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks