What's new

diy light blockers? (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
anybody have any luck making somthing to block light?i thought about tinting the windows but it dosent sound like it will do alot of good.the shades you can buy are just too much money for me to justify to my wife.
i currently have shades and heavy curitans on my windows but still get some glare on the screen.any other ideas?
------------------
What consumes your thoughts controls your life...Creed

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Depending on whether your curtains provide enough cover above each window, you could conceal a (relatively) inexpensive solid pull-down shade mounted on the outside of the window frame. You'd want it a little bit bigger than the window to completely block out the light. They'd only be visible during movies.
Good luck!

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
thats a good idea but i dont know if it would work for me or not.the curitans go to the celing.the probelem is there are 2 curitan rods on each window.one for curitans one for a valance.
what i could do is get a pull down shade to replace the horizontal blinds that are there now.put peel and stick velcro along where the shade would go,also put the other part of velcro on the shade.when i want lights out pull it down and fasten in into place.that might just be an idea!but i wonder if the shade would have any trouble rolling/unrolling with veclcro on it
------------------
What consumes your thoughts controls your life...Creed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks