What's new

DIY LCD XGA Projector, Ceiling mounted - unique design with front opening (1 Viewer)

Ram Kishan

Auditioning
We have completed DIY LCD Projector, XGA based on resources in various forums. The results are excellent. It is mounted at ceiling height at 22 feet from the wall used as screen to show 120" wide images. It has all inputs. Fine adjustments of all the elements is made possible due to innovative front opening. The details including the pictures of the projector, screen shots etc may be seen at my home page.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Ram, I'm moving this to the Displays area and will chime in later when I have time.

Ram Kishan

Auditioning
After continuous interactions in four forums, we have now added a bowl reflector and reduced the distance between the bulb and fresnel lens till the brightness became uniform from corner to corner. The brightness also increased and is sufficient for dark viewing of 120 inches wide screen from a distance of 22 feet. We also added a front surface coated mirror which improved sharpness as well as brightness,

Ram Kishan

Auditioning
With above additions, the picture quality has much improved vide screen shots added on 24.02.06 on the home page. The brightness is quite sufficient for dark viewing. the screen is 120" wide at a distance of 22 feet from the DIY projector placed near ceiling height on an almirah.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks