DIY KLF-10CC in Action

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Strassburg, May 20, 2002.

1. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Had to build a stand to raise the CC above the TV to eliminate magnetic interference. Sound is incredible. Nothing like dual 10's and a big horn!
    I also added a pic of the C7 that I moved to the rear. I could NOT be happier with the audio portion of my HT. Now if only I had room for a 65" TV
    http://www.geocities.com/mlstrass/myhometheater.html

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Geez, what a monster, it dwarf's the TV!!

3. Mike Strassburg

That's a 36" TV so you get an idea of just how big the CC is...

4. Michael R Price

Michael R Price Screenwriter

Nice job, Mike. I have just one question for you though. Have you considered modifying the crossover? If you sit off axis, you may get cancellation between the 2 woofers. Klipsch's center speakers use 2.5-way crossovers (one woofer has a lower lowpass filter than the other) to avoid this cancellation. It would be an interesting tweakage project [​IMG].
    Or have you not noticed any off-axis problems with the speaker? I'm sure it's great in the sweet spot!

5. Mike Strassburg

I've listened to it in the sweet spot and in my recliner which is in a less than ideal spot and the sound is great. Very clear, detailed, and imaging seems very good although I'm probably not as critical of a listener as some are. I'm more concerned with very loud, clean, and detailed in my HT & my Legend/Tempest set-up kicks butt in that area!

I do understand the logic behind your suggestion though and appreciate the feedback. Thanks...Mike