What's new

DIY KLF-10CC in Action (1 Viewer)

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Nice job, Mike. I have just one question for you though. Have you considered modifying the crossover? If you sit off axis, you may get cancellation between the 2 woofers. Klipsch's center speakers use 2.5-way crossovers (one woofer has a lower lowpass filter than the other) to avoid this cancellation. It would be an interesting tweakage project :).
Or have you not noticed any off-axis problems with the speaker? I'm sure it's great in the sweet spot!

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
I've listened to it in the sweet spot and in my recliner which is in a less than ideal spot and the sound is great. Very clear, detailed, and imaging seems very good although I'm probably not as critical of a listener as some are. I'm more concerned with very loud, clean, and detailed in my HT & my Legend/Tempest set-up kicks butt in that area!

I do understand the logic behind your suggestion though and appreciate the feedback. Thanks...Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks