What's new

DIY IB Subwoofer Questions (2 Viewers)

Colin Runner

Agent
Real Name
Colin R.
I've been reading a lot about Magnepans and think that I've settled on a 5 speaker system. The issue then turns to what type of subwoofer I should use with them. I've been looking at SVS and their powered cylinders, and I think that they would work well. I was then reading about the wonders of IB subwoofers, and I thought "Hmm.. that might be kinda fun to do"

If I were to build an IB subwoofer system, could I hide the drivers behind the mains (MG 1) and have the speakers cover them when not in use?

Also, please give me links to good DIY instructions for IB construction, along with other good reading material.

If I was to go the IB route, what brand of driver would you suggest? I was thinking about a single driver per enclosure, two total.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
what kind of space do you have for an IB? You mentioned putting it behind your mains. Does that mean that you have a large closet, garage, or other mostly unsused room behind that wall?

Colin Runner

Agent
Real Name
Colin R.
EDIT: I just looked at the Cult of the Infinitely Baffled and they have answered most all of my questions. What type of 15" driver would you recommend? Looking at getting 4 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks