What's new

DIY home subwoofer (1 Viewer)

flood37

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Jensen
As of now i have a Soundsplinter RL-p 15 sub that im looking into options for home audio use.

The enclosure i have it in now just wont suffice, it sounds great but only in odd spots in the room.
Im looking for an enclosure that will help fill a larger room with sound.
My system is mainly based for music over movies.

Im no good at designing enclosure for home theatre, and im wondering any tips or tricks you guys may have to give me a helping hand.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Build it big and tune it low. What is the size of your current enclosure? Ported or sealed? If ported, what is the Fb? For the new enclosure, how large can it be? Is the Behringer amp you have listed in sig the sub amp? What version of the RL-p do you have - dual 2 or dual 4?

And a little tip, don't list equipment in signatures. If I had a question about Behringer products, every single post of yours would pop up no matter what the subject of your message.

-Robert

flood37

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Jensen
Ported 3.7 cubic feet tuned to 32Hz. Its a dual 4 ohm.

its already pretty large and tuned low, im looking for a more efficient design
of the enclosure or pot type itself to give me a bit more throw of the sound.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
3.2 cf with an Fb is NOT big and tuned low. 6cf tuned to 15 hz will work much better. If that is acceptable, I can run some simulations in Unibox and post the response graphs.

Do you run a subsonic filter with your sub? You should with your enclosure tuned that high. When I first set up my EP-2500, I accidentally left my SSF turned on for a day. I wasn't very happy with the response. Changing one little switch on the back of the amp really brought the sub to life! But you can't do this. An action movie with really low bass could easily damage your sub. Basically, you have build a car audio enclosure for your house.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill scruggs
Recent bookmarks