DIY GR Research and "My Design" Surrounds..

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Shawn Keeler, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Shawn Keeler

Shawn Keeler Stunt Coordinator

Thought you would like to check out the new rear dipole surrounds I designed using GR Research Drivers. Click on this link: http://www.keelercables.com/keeler_theatre.htm Then click on the "DIY Projects" Button.
    Any input would be great.
    Shawn

2. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

Very nice. This is the first DIY surround of this sort that I have seen completed and looks very similar to my Triad silver surrounds. Your site has instructions on installing them in the wall but not actually building the speakers though!

Brian

3. Ben L C

Ben L C Agent

Shawn,

Great job. I to would be interested in seeing plans on those surrounds. If they are anything like the Triad surround they are superb.

Ben

4. Jeff Elliott

Jeff Elliott Stunt Coordinator

Plans would be awesome! Also, did Danny help out with the crossover network? What's the impedance of these surrounds? How do they sound?

5. Shawn Keeler

Shawn Keeler Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, for the input!!! I am very pleased with the out come. They sound great!! Now, on to answering your questions. In retrospect, I should of included detailed pics of actually building them, but timing was an issue. I had sold my others and wanted to get these done as soon as possible. I am planning on putting something together, such as detailed plans for this project. I kind of had to design as I went do to the angles, depth of drivers, and enclosure space issues. The store I do some work for as a consultant is a Triad dealer, and that got my mind rolling for this project. Nobody that I have seen, has done a project like this. The speaker's nominal impedance is 6 ohm, and I designed the crossover with some detailed computer work. Again, thanks for the input and I will keep all of you posted when the grills and the plans are available.
    Thanks again,
    Shawn Keeler