What's new

DiY Flexy TV Stand (1 Viewer)

Jamie Penland

Auditioning
Has anyone tried making a Flexy TV stand. I am thinking of building a Flexy Rack that will have 2-3 rows of shelves, but will be strong enough to hold my TV.

Now for the time being I only have a 27" Sony Trinitron, but plan to buy a 50inch Samsung around christmas or so.

I figure if you just beef up the stand it would hold a TV, but was curious if anyone has tried this themselves, or has any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Yep, I built a 3 shelf flexi out of 3/4" birch ply with pine trim. It has held my 32" TV for about a year with no warping. I used three 5/8" threaded rod posts. Sorry, no pics:frowning:

Jarett

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,
I recently made a flexy rack with 3 shelves, it holds my 27 inch flatscreen toshiba and all my equipment...I used 5/8 inch steel rods and 3/4 inch MDF. I routerd the edges and painted it navy blue with a primer first. I used interior paint and it seems to be soft, You may want to try exterior. I also used oil primer. the paint was latex. Good luck, I have some photos but i'm not sure how to upload them...

Jay

Chris Keen

Stunt Coordinator
Well, you want to use an oil based primer for oil paints, and a latex primer for latex paints.

Latex paints are fairly soft by nature. I would suggest an Alkyd Enamel paint (oil based). This will leave a very tough and durable finish that dries hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.