What's new

DIY firmware upgrade for DVD player (1 Viewer)

rin

Stunt Coordinator
I am having this problem which I think might be due to outdated firmware in my JVC XV-723GD DVD player.

Minority report gets blocky and freezes mid chapter 12. BTTF main menu page won't go to languages. When I click on languages it goes to bonus features, and selecting scene selections starts the movie. BTTF 2&3 always start with the commentary audio on and since you can't change audio tracks on-the-fly this is annoying.
This player has never met a disc it didn't like until these two. My friend has the same exact JVC player as I have(XV-723) but his was purchased recently whereas mine is over two years old. He didn't have a problem with MR (my disc) on his player, haven't tried my BTTF on his player yet.

Does anyone else have this player?

How can you find out which firmware version your player has? How can you upgrade the firmware to a newer version(if it turns out I have an older version)?

BTW, All of the discs I owned previous to this problem which I have re-watched since still exhibit no problems so I don't think the player is taking a crap.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as always.

rin

Stunt Coordinator
I had read somewhere that you could put in a disc with the new firmware on it and the player upgrades it automatically. Does anyone know if it is that easy or where to get the disc?

I really don't want to buy a new player yet as I am waiting for a player that does DVD-A and SACD and scales 4:3 letterbox discs to 16:9(the JVC player does DVD-A and scaling, no SACD). Does this player exist yet?

Sorry for the dual thread, I tried posting in the advanced section but I guess that is only for DIY subs. Feel free to merge or delete the other thread.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks