DIY equipment rack pics

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonBrooks, Jan 17, 2003.

1. JasonBrooks

JasonBrooks Extra

It is a work in progress but I thought I would post some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JasonBrooks

JasonBrooks Extra

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

very nice, what did you do to get that faceplate so close to the componets, and what do you do about heat?

BW love that film real where'd you pick that up?

4. JasonBrooks

JasonBrooks Extra

The space is a converted coat closet. I cut a hole in the back of the closet so I can access the equipment and provide ventilation. The back of the coat closet connects with the side of my spare bedroom closet so it worked well.
    I measured all of the equipment and transferred the measurements to a piece of black foamcore I picked up at a local craft supply. I then used a very sharp utility knife(razor blade)with a straight edge and cut the holes. My original intent was to use this as a template and transfer it to a piece of 1/2 inch plywood. After installing the foam core to check the fit, I decided it looked good enough so I kept it.
    My next step is to paint and install a light above the movie reel.
    As for the movie reels. I lucked out and got them at a cinema supply company in nashville for $8 each. I got eight of them. They are the original Goldberg reels. I tried to get more but eight is all they had. They had them laying around and was shocked someone would pay $8 each for them! I made the reel tables out of them in my prior house and put them in my dedicated theater. My new house does not have a bonus room or basement so they are sitting in a box for now.
    [​IMG]