What's new

DIY digital picture frame...? (1 Viewer)

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
Probably wont get any replys, but not sure where to ask. Does anyone have one of those digital picture frames? I really like the idea, loading a picture onto a screen (lcd?) straight to the frame from a digital camera. I was wondering what went into making those things, they sell for way too much money in my opinion and I wonder how easily one could make one...

thanks for any info.

JasonD

Agent
Would you be able to go to a Computer Show and check out legacy laptops? Their LCD screens may be the answer along with the old PC to simply run a slide show program with the pictures. I would suggest a P 166MHZ which is old and shouldn't cost too much. Also, the screens back then were small so that's perfect for a digital picture frame device.

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
legacy laptops? I dont think ive ever heard of them.. are they just a normal laptop computer? Ill look into them, thanks.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
By 'legacy' Jason means old. Nothing special about them, they're just no longer the cutting edge :)
Been thinking about making a digital picture frame out of my old Powerbook 3400c. The screen is great on it, but the rest of the system is too old to do anythign with.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
There were a couple deals back on Kodak and Kensington pic frames... last i saw the Kodak was $80 but sold out, and Kensington was like $40...

I had an idea, you could try buying one of those PSOne portable LCD monitors, get one with TV in, then get an old notebook or old computer, and hook it up to the frame using TV-out or something, then cycle the images with ACDsee or someting like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks